Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cure for low blood pressure

Hi there. It's nice to know there's someone reading - thanks for your comments. I enjoy them as much, sometimes more, than writing. I've received some very good writing advice and try to squeeze in the "homework assignments" from Tara, but it's going to compromise my sleep, gotta fess up. Naps are becoming luxuries now instead of the way of life. The inferno is of my own making.

Low blood pressure was a concern during my hospital stay, corrected with saline and two units of A negative blood. Then I got a message today from the insurance carrier for Short Term Disability (capitalized intentionally so you don't get confused when I say STD) insurance. Seems I don't qualify, a little factoid overlooked by my own HR department when communicating processes for medical leave. Reading the website policy, I was still convinced I qualified, and finally got an iota of satisfaction when three HR people agreed it was misleading. Now it needs to be rewritten, and they offered all their apologies for the misunderstanding that's just part of the "learning curve." Whatever that means. Low blood pressure is no longer an issue.

I think they're going to offer a compromise (HOPING!) that will allow me time to recuperate and do some work, albeit less than a full day, while still getting paid. If not, expect to find me schlepping along the Ave, plying the oldest trade known to horny men, all in hopes of finding money for the water bill and details to flesh out a fictional rendition of what's been dubbed my "sordid sex life." Gotta have one to be sordid, so I'll see what I can do about that.

Still no one taking credit for the awesome chocolate-covered strawberries, unless I buy the witty response of my acerbic coworker and writing taskmaster. Tara, is it really you? In all the hullabaloo the last day or so, I've forgotten to call Edible Arrangements for confirmation. Don't make me do it. Take your well-deserved bow, unless you already have. FYI, the delicacies have been devoured.

Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment