Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dressing boys as girls

I watched Ellen this morning. The last guest was a staff member who submitted a bad "paid-for" photo of himself. Seems he was Boy Number Four and his mother had despaired of having the girl she'd yearned for, so, before his first haircut around the age of two, Mom borrowed a neighbor girl's dress, did up her little boy's golden locks with ponytail and ribbon and, click, there he was preserved for posterity as a temporary she-child.

I confess to letting my sons' hair get long enough to qualify for ribbons and barrettes before the first haircut, mostly out of busy-ness with so many kids to care for, but I did NOT dress them as girls. Their sister did that. I hope they've forgiven both of us. They all seem normal and well-adjusted. At least on the surface ;)

Short blog, "running off" to walk the mall, hopefully to find some Wolverine jammies to go with the electronic retractable claw I got for Evan's birthday. Oh boy, his mom and dad are sure gonna thank me. He'll probably need a cage to play in with his claw so he doesn't do damage to his sister, cats or dogs in the house. Another prerogative of Beermahood!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, is it time to give the mass marketers a lesson in recycling? I haven't been dubbed the House Nazi/Recycle Nazi for no reason. Why is it okay for K-Rot to send you this and expect you to deal with the non-eco-friendly overkill? Companies all over the globe are pushing for green products, green packaging, etc. Who let big K off the hook? Mary Kay now sends all products you order in the smallest possible box (think shoe box size for a $250 order) and uses recyclable filler materials, PLUS they recycle old compacts at their distribution facilities if you drop them off. They even stress not to waste energy/resources by mailing the old compacts to them, but challenge consultants to think of ways to recycle in their own communities. Of course, all this would be a moot point if a) We didn't wear makeup(HA!) or b) They stuck with the same style of compact forever (boring).
    Makeup wearing recycler

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smell a Beth. You meant to comment on "Nuts to peanuts" didn't you? Maybe it's still your secret desire to dress all your brothers in girly clothes - made out of styrofoam!

    Trust me, when I get that email asking what I thought of my recent Kmart order and service I'm givin' it to 'em with both barrels loaded. Heh, she said loaded. Just killed a bottle of wine ...

    ReplyDelete