Thursday, February 18, 2010

Walkin' my baby back ...

Okay, so my "back" doesn't exactly qualify as baby, but it's smaller than it was a year ago and still shrinking. Today, Beth took me out to work it sans walker. First time on the track solo and boy was it work. But in a little over two weeks I'm back to work and determined to enter under my own steam so the evil people I call my friends can't torment me.

Isn't if funny how much nastier than total strangers are the people we like and who profess to like us, too? It's a form of humor I've often indulged in - the undercuts and jabs and usually in jest. It's when I get stern and talk very nicely that you know I'm no longer teasing. So I'm working to forgive my dear friend who likened being a Democrat to one who needed to be reincarnated to a higher intelligence. I know he was kidding, but like I said in an earlier blog, when I think politics I tend to get mean. It's just one more sign that I'm ready to return to civilization and the company of others. I need a buffer from myself - I think we tend to be too serious about our own egos sometimes.

Enjoy the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment