Sunday, February 7, 2010

More firsts

There's life outside my house. I saw it today and drank it in, along with a Blue Moon. Sherri took me to lunch at Parlor City. It really felt great to be at the bar, not very crowded on a Sunday afternoon so no chance of being jostled and a good first step back to socialization.

I also left the walker in the car. Less than three weeks post-op and flying solo. Am I proud of me? You bet! I still tote it up and down stairs - haven't got ALL my confidence back yet, but most of the time I walk around the house without it.

Had some of my tribe over for dinner last night and I did the cooking. I've missed making messes in the kitchen. This is a good time to do it, too. I earned sympathy points and my dear daughter cleaned up after us.

I've been sketching ideas for my next project and I'm anxious to get back at it. That's my plan for "watching" the Stupor Bowl. I figure this way I can put my time to good use and not be the only person in America to miss seeing the Saints win. Or the Colts. I really don't care much, but think it'd be a nice comeback for N'awlins to see the Saints triumph. And I like Who Dat! If the Colts have anything as catchy, I've missed it.

Another first: Pictures of "Eggplant," my grandbaby due in June were posted on Facebook. So far, "she" is skeletal, and gender is undetermined as far as I know, but I'm getting my voodoo in place for a girl. We're greatly outnumbered by testosterone in this family and need some feminine infusion. I'll take whatever we get, though, and keep my fingers crossed for the next time.

Back to my Sunday crossword. It's giving me a hard time today. Or my brain is getting fuzzy. Maybe the lunchtime beer will put it all back in perspective.

Happy weekend,

Beerma

No comments:

Post a Comment